Last Monday I shared the first half of my Lost Girls subseries in my 365 sketchbook, and over the following few days I finished the set with girls 6-10.
I'm feeling a lot more comfortable in my sketchbook in the past few days. I still feel awkward about limiting myself (100 days of paynes gray), but at the same time I enjoy the challenge to keep it fresh and interesting. There are so many things one can do with the theme of a color. Just have to think outside the box.
When I finished the girls my idea was to paint a solid block of paynes gray with acrylic and then use whites of sorts to create something on top of it. Unintentionally, a lost boy emerged, so I've decided to spend the next 10 days creating Lost Boys to go with the Lost Girls. I like that they are almost inverted, and that the guys actually have some semblance of hair, whereas the girls are all bald.
I have to admit, The Lost Boys are flowing a bit easier than the girls were. I'm glad for something to be more free-flowing again. It will be interesting at the end of the year to see the ebb and flow of energy and inspiration throughout the project.